MacBook Core 2 Duo Review.

• Αγαπητοί φίλοι και φίλες.

Με ιδιαίτερη χαρά σας προσκαλούμε στην κοπή της πρωτοχρονιάτικης πίτας του AVClub στη Θεσσαλονίκη για το 2024 την Κυριακή 07 Απριλίου και ώρα 14.00

Δηλώστε τη συμμετοχή σας εδώ, θα χαρούμε πολύ να σας γνωρίσουμε από κοντά.

Mihalis S.

Supreme Member
19 June 2006
Από το PC Magazine:

Until now, I was convinced that a new Core 2 Duo-equipped Apple MacBook couldn't possibly come out this year. After all, the Apple MacBook Pro (Core 2 Duo) had already been announced, in what I believed was an effort to create more separation from the MacBooks. So much for that theory. One week after the MacBook Pro announcement, Apple launched the MacBook 13-inch (Core 2 Duo) ($1,174 direct as tested), thereby eliminating any differentiation between the two models. Sometimes you just have to scratch your head and move on, I guess. Despite back-to-back announcements, the move is considered perfectly timed for the holiday shopping season, and with Apple's best-selling laptop by its side, a strong fourth quarter is sure to come.

Though I normally ask for the best model available when requesting test units, I'm not crazy about the MacBook Black, which is the most expensive system in the MacBook line. You're basically paying a premium for the color, and since the best and most affordable model is the base configuration, I asked for the MacBook 13-inch White ($1,099 direct).

The MacBook's signature white chassis is as much a part of a Mac laptop as the Apple logo. If you want to go with something other than white, well, you might as well get a PC. The glossy finish is sleek and doesn't attract as many fingerprints or smudges as would something in black; the system is easily one of the best-looking laptops in the industry. The MacBook 13-inch's 5-pound frame and 1-inch thickness means it's also one of the most easily luggable. Whether you're trekking across campus or fighting your way through rush hour, it's a huge advantage to have a MacBook in your briefcase or backpack.

The 13.3-inch screen, though it's bright, may not be large enough for media professionals. But its smaller size helps keep the laptop lightweight, and it's great for watching a DVD movie or editing your holiday photos. If you're looking for something bigger, the Dell Inspiron E1505 (Core 2 Duo) offers a 15.4-inch widescreen that gives you enough room to watch a movie and view a photo side by side.

At first glance, the MacBook's keyboard doesn't appear full-size, with individual keys that are a bit smaller than those of both the MacBook Pro and the Inspiron E1505 (Core 2 Duo). That said, the MacBook's keys are appropriately spaced, essentially giving you the same key pitch as a full-size keyboard. Basically, your typing experience will improve drastically within a short period of time.

The MacBook's new features aren't as dramatically upgraded as its processor, but you do get some enhancements. As I said before, I think it's best to start with the base configuration and add what you need. If you're a typical user, the standard 60GB hard drive should be plenty, but if you're an iTunes fanatic or download a lot of videos, you can upgrade to a 160GB hard drive for $300. A 200GB ($400) hard drive is also available, but I'd advise against it because of its slower (4,200 rpm) rotation. The base configuration comes with only 512MB RAM, which is not enough. Upgrading to 1GB for $75 is really the only feature that you should definitely tack on. (If you're trying to make the most of your money, keep in mind that the Inspiron E1505 (Core 2 Duo) comes standard with a 120GB hard drive and 1GB RAM for $999.)

Another configuration option to consider is an optical-drive upgrade. The base model MacBook comes only with a CD-RW/DVD drive?it can read DVDs, but it can't burn them. I really think Apple should've included a DVD burner?or made it an upgrade option within the base configuration, at the very least?but it didn't. If you intend to burn video projects to DVD, you'll have to start with the midrange MacBook model ($1,299 direct).

The base configuration still gives you all the goodies that are synonymous with an Apple laptop?the iSight camera, the Front Row and Remote interfaces, the MagSafe magnetic power adapter, and what's really the best bundled software on earth. You also get a standard one-year warranty on parts and labor and 90 days' worth of phone support, which are really all you need. For $1,099, it's not cost-efficient to tack on two more years for $249?that's about a quarter of what the laptop is worth.

Upgrading to an Intel Core 2 Duo processor is probably the MacBook's most significant new move. Its 1.83-GHz Core 2 Duo T5600 CPU is plenty fast for all things computer. Upgrading to a 2 GHz T7200 won't get you a whole lot more, whereas bumping up the memory will. (As was the case with the MacBook Pro, my performance tests will only run in Windows.) Loading Apple's Boot Camp was as easy and intuitive as installing any other application. Since I also have the MacBook 13-inch Black (with the T7200 CPU) on my bench, I was able to test both MacBooks and both processors; I saw about a 7 percent difference in SYSmark 2004 SE performance between the T5600 and the T7200. The T5600 also happens to be faster than the T5500 that comes with the Dell Inspiron E1505 (Core 2 Duo). The overall performance winner, however, is the Dell. The MacBook uses Intel's integrated graphics, as opposed to the ATI discrete graphics found on the E1505 (Core 2 Duo). I know, comparing an Apple with a Dell is like doing the apples and oranges thing. But when you're talking about budget machines, it's hard not to make that comparison. The MacBook's battery life doesn't change much, despite the processor bump?you'll get about 2 hours 45 minutes, according to MobileMark 2005 scores.

Among budget laptops, the Apple MacBook 13-inch White (Core 2 Duo) is one of the best. It's ideal for novice users, college students, and frequent travelers who are looking for something that's easy on the wallet and looks absolutely fabulous. With the move to the Intel Core 2 Duos all finished, the Apple laptop line is now complete?and poised to give Windows-based laptops a real big run for their money.

Benchmarks:
0,1425,sz=1&i=147276,00.gif

Πηγή: PCMag

ΘΕΟΘΑΝ

20 June 2006
Νομίζω ότι το 2.0GHZ - White που έρχεται στάνταρ με 1GB RAM, 80GB HD, και με Super-drive DVD με μικρή αύξηση στην τιμή, είναι ΣΑΦΩΣ πιο effective επιλογή σε σχέση με το βασικό μοντέλο που αναφέρει το review...και αρκετά φθηνότερο από το σχεδόν ολόιδιο black...
μόνο διαφαινόμενο πρόβλημα (όπως και στο mini-Mac) η ενσωματωμένη 64άρα κάρτα γραφικών που δεν είναι για βαριά πράγματα...

Αύριο ή μεθαύριο θα έχω στα χέρια μου 2 τέτοια για πρώτη φορά και για λίγη ώρα (ελπίζω δηλαδή να μην τα βουτήξουν αμέσως...), και θα σας πω κάποιες εντυπώσεις....

Last edited:

ΘΕΟΘΑΝ

20 June 2006
Απάντηση: Re: MacBook Core 2 Duo Review.

Αύριο ή μεθαύριο θα έχω στα χέρια μου 2 τέτοια για πρώτη φορά και για λίγη ώρα (ελπίζω δηλαδή να μην τα βουτήξουν αμέσως...), και θα σας πω κάποιες εντυπώσεις....

Ίσα που τα είδα για 5 λεπτά....Δεν πρόλαβα να τα πιάσω στα χέρια μου και αμέσως μπήκαν μνήμες και φύγανε...:nounder:

Πάντως αισθητικά είναι κουκλάκια... -bye-

Mihalis S.

Supreme Member
19 June 2006
Απάντηση: Re: MacBook Core 2 Duo Review.

Ίσα που τα είδα για 5 λεπτά....Δεν πρόλαβα να τα πιάσω στα χέρια μου και αμέσως μπήκαν μνήμες και φύγανε...:nounder:

Πάντως αισθητικά είναι κουκλάκια... -bye-

Εμ τι περίμενες.... Ειδικά τα MacBook έχουν γίνει, δώσε και μένα μπάρμπα. Φέρε πράμα λοιπόν.

ΘΕΟΘΑΝ

20 June 2006
Μάλλον λόγω των εορτών πολλοί αποφάσισαν (την τελευταία στιγμή ως συνήθως...) να κάνουν δώρο στον ευατό τους ένα φορητό APPLE...
Ειδικά στο 2,33GHZ 15άρι και στα καινούργια 13,3 γίνεται χαμός από αναμενόμενα που και εγώ δεν ξέρω πότε θα παραδοθούν...Δεν γλυτώνω το ξύλο μου φαίνεται... :damnyou:

nikostheater

8 January 2007
Βρε Θεοθαν βοηθεια..
Εχω παραγγειλει ενα Macbook white Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz 80 gb hd 1gb RAM
απο το Μultirama πριν απο τα χριστουγεννα και μου ειπαν θα ερχοταν την δευτερα που μας περασε!Την δευτερα μου ειπαν να περασω παρασκευη και περασα σημερα και μου ειπαν ακομα δεν ξερουν ποτε!
Και εντωμεταξυ εγω 17 του μηνα ταξιδευω εξωτερικο..
Μηπως ξερεις τι συμβαινει,ποτε περιπου θα παραλαβουμε τα μηχανηματα μας εμεις οι δυστυχοι προσφατοι switchers?

ΘΕΟΘΑΝ

20 June 2006
Το συγκεκριμένο μοντέλο λόγω αυξημένης ζήτησης είναι σε έλλειψη γενικά...
Με το ζόρι βρέθηκαν 3-4 κομμάτια στις γιορτές για να καλύψω κάποιες παραγγελίες...

Σήμερα που μιλάμε δεν υπάρχει ετοιμοπαράδοτο και μάλλον θα φας και την επόμενη εβδομάδα... -bye-

nikostheater

8 January 2007
:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: Αχ βρε Apple...
Να δουμε ποτε θα δουμε φως...ζνιφφφ.
ΕΛπιζω τουλαχιστον με την επιστροφη μου απο βρυξελλες 22 του μηνα να με περιμενει το δωρακι...

nikostheater

8 January 2007
Μακαρι..καλο θα ηταν να το ειχα απο...χθες βεβαια...
Ελπιζω μεχρι την τριτη που φευγω να εχουμε εξελιξεις παντως...
αχχχ βρε apple...εχω χασει τον υπνο μου απο αγωνια!

Μιχάλης Θ.

Established Member
21 June 2006
Εγώ δηλαδή που το βρήκα στις 22/12 στο multirama στο mall είμαι κ@λόφαρδος???
Η πλάκα είναι ότι στο φυλάδιό τους έλεγαν ότι θα είναι διαθέσιμο από 23/12...

ΘΕΟΘΑΝ

20 June 2006
Το ότι ένα μηχάνημα μπορεί να βρεθεί σε έναν resseller την ώρα που δεν υπάρχει αλλού (ούτε καν στην κεντρική αποθήκη της Rainbow) είναι θέμα καθαρά τύχης και συγκυρίας... απλά κάποιος που είχε παραλάβει 5-10 μηχανήματα έτυχε να έχει ακόμα 1-2 σε στοκ...

Αυτο όμως κρατάει για λίγο εφ' όσον συνεχίζει να υπάρχει έλλειψη στα κεντρικά και δεν παραδίδονται άλλα...
Αυτά τα άμεσα διαθέσιμα 1-2 στόκ που υπάρχουν εξαντλούνται εν ριπή οφθαλμού και μετά όλοι περιμένουν άδειοι τις νέες παραλαβές μαζεύοντας παραγγελίες και ελπίζοντας ότι με την νέα παραλαβή θα τους παραδοθεί ο αριθμός που έχουν παραγγείλει....
Συνήθως όλοι παραγγέλνουν (ανάλογα το τι πουλάνε συνήθως) 1-2 επιπλέον μηχανήματα από αυτά που έχουν παραγγελίες για να εξασφαλίσουν κάποιο στοιχειώδες στόκ, αλλά δεν είναι λίγες οι φορές που από τα 5 παραγγελθέντα τελικά παραλαμβάνεις 3 και εκεί αρχίζει το πρόβλημα του ποιός θα πρωτοπαραλάβει και ποιές παραγγελίες θα ικανοποιήσει...

Συνήθως τέτοιες αναμπουμπούλες συμβαίνουν εντονότερα πάνω στις αλλαγές μοντέλων και την περίοδο των γιορτών που δύσκολα μπορείς να προβλέψεις με ακρίβεια πόση κίνηση θα έχεις και σε ποιό μοντέλο... :ernaehrung004:

nikostheater

8 January 2007
Ναι,αλλα δεν θα επρεπε η ιδια η Rainbow να οργανωθει καλυτερα;
Θεοθαν,εσυ δουλευεις στην Rainbow η απλα δουλευεις σε καποιον reseller;
Ελπιζω παντως το προβλημα να διορθωθει γρηγορα...
Πηρα πρεφα γιατι ο κοσμος βριζει την Rainbow...